Krista is a licensed Ashiatsu Deepfeet Bar Therapist and is excited to bring Ashi to Boise. After years in the spa industry she was introduced to a more effective way to deliver a blissful deep massage utilizing her whole body and drawing on her love of dance. “Ashi” means foot and “Atsu” means pressure; together symbolizing “foot pressure.” The foot is a larger and softer instrument than hands or elbows allowing the client to relax deeper into this form of bodywork. This creative healing art form utilizing gravity and bars above the therapist for balance is truly a Western application inspired by other barefoot bodywork from Eastern Asia to the Pacific Rim. Ashi is performed on a massage table with appropriate draping and massage oil or lotion. The flowing compression movements elongate the spine, improve posture, increase circulation, relieve pain and muscle tightness and facilitate a state of well being.
Krista’s love for massage was born at the Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy, an intensive residential massage program. This unique holistic training cultivated the creative bodywork artist she is today. Krista increased her techniques and intuition at the Berkana Institute in Denver, Colorado where she was one of the first to become a certified Mindful Expressionist. This 250 hour deep re-structural program incorporated music, dance, yoga and meditation to inspire an amazing massage experience. Krista also holds a B.S. in Sociology from the University of Portland, Oregon and is the proud mom of two. When not sharing her gift of touch she enjoys spending her time playing or relaxing outdoors.
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow-the body’s natural defense system.
- Releases endorphins-the body’s natural pain killer
- Lessens depression by increasing serotonin
- Lessons anxiety by decreasing the stress hormone cortisol
- Promotes relaxation by increasing oxytocin, a hormone associated with contentment
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Increases circulation getting fresh oxygen and blood to vital organs and muscle tissue
- Relaxes and softens tense, overused, tired, or injured muscles
- Relieves back pain
- Improves posture, bringing the body back into alignment
- Creates space and improves range of motion and flexibility
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces high blood pressure which can lead to heart attack or stroke
- Can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and sciatica
include hot stones to warm the tissues
before deeper work. Download Ashi Follow-up Care
90 minutes for $90Download Client Intake and Health History Form
Ashiflow Massage is proud to be apart of B Zen and Bfit at 23rd and Main in downtown Boise. Take care of the one and only body you have. Come Bfit with us, come B Zen with us.
2228 West Main Street
Boise, Idaho 83702